Sunday, February 21, 2010

Going Out...

Kaya- Ayaan and I have been travelling almost every weekend since we have been here so this weekend we decided to just chill out on campus. Contrary to our effort to just stay in all weekend to relax, we were guilted into going out with some friends. It was fun but I still am very uncomfortable with the men here. The random guy who thought it was ok to grab my butt last night only added to it. It seemed like our group of foreigners kept being swarmed by Ghanaian men and prostitutes trying to get away from the men by dancing with us. What blows my mind here is how so many international students are willing to get so drunk that they halfway know what’s going on. I feel like I have to keep an eye on people I am not even really friends with yet just to make sure they don’t get dragged away by some creepy guy! Clearly fun comes before safety for some of these brave travelers!

1 comment:

  1. You are so wise my child. You are learning more than you know that will be beneficial for years to come.

    ReplyDelete