Kaya- So the Fufu was…interesting! Actually let me start from the beginning…Ayaan and Joanna were supposed to go with me and Marty to get Fufu at the market BUT both of them ended up leaving me hanging. Ayaan had a skype date so I can’t be too mad at her. So I went by myself with Marty which was fun but a tad bit uncomfortable. He’s a really nice guy but Im not interested in him more than just friends. Soo he taught me to eat Fufu which is a kinda dough sitting in a bowl of soup. The soup was good! The Fufu was…aight!!! He wanted me to use my fingers but im too Americanized so I used a spoon!! So Marty and I talked about life and other things. He told me about a relationship gone bad and about his fathers death. He about had me crying!
Afterwards he wanted to get a beer so I walked with him to the “bar” section of the market. I conveniently ran into Cujoe, the Rastafarian guy who had clearly been smoking weed because he proceeded to very slowly lecture me about how rude it was that I didn’t return his text and that in Ghana it is disrespectful not to respond and to come teach the kids, come teach the kids, come teach the kids!! I don’t feel like I should have to respond to him if I don’t want to so I just listened and nodded and was very relieved when he finally let me go!
So anyway, Marty wanted to sit and chat and decided that this was a good time to hold my hand and tell me he liked me! It was very sweet but I had to let him down…heartbreaking I know! Marty is a great guy, but not quite the prince I’m looking for!!! I told him we could be friends and hang out though.
So that was my Fufu adventure! Too bad Ayaan had to miss it!
Friday, January 29, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Oh my! That was a very interesting Fufu adventure lol. Who's this Cujoe person though?
ReplyDeleteJust some guy I met on one of my first days here and hes been EVERYWHERE! No one im interested in tho ;-)
ReplyDeleteWhen you guys return perhaps we can compare notes from our years abroad. Its amazing how similar our experiences are. From being in the midst of an amazing experience but missing friends and every day events that we once found boring an uninteresting to the men who profess their love to us in foreign countries when we got little or no play at home. In any event enjoy and treasure the memories as you will really appreciate them in 20 years.
ReplyDelete