Kaya- My roommate has finally arrived. Her name is Ann and she is very nice but a little more quite than I am used to. At least my Elon roomies, Ayaan and Tiana, entertained my need to talk to someone constantly!! She brought a microwave and a television. Guess what…they have Mr. Cooper on TV here! I don’t think they even still run that show in the US anymore. Very exciting!
My roommate was up at 6AM and she wasn’t being very discrete either. Making phone calls and such. Apparently they get up rather early here to get chores and stuff done before it gets too hot in the middle of the day. Not me! I would still like to sleep in a little bit when I have nothing to do in the morning. After tossing and turning for 2 hours I finally gave up and got up at 8:30AM. This would NEVER happen at home but I guess ill get used to it.
I don’t have class on Fridays so I asked my roommate what they do on their free days. She said watch TV, movies, and hang out. It can get REALLY boring here unless you travel and explore so I don’t know how I feel about that. I can sit around and watch movies at home so why do it in Ghana?! For now Ayaan has class on Fridays so I don’t even have her to entertain me at the moment.
We finally made it to the infamous Bush Canteen yesterday and they said they would braid our hair for 5 cedis without extensions and 20 cedis with extensions. 5 cedis here is practically nothing compared to the $80 we spend to get a touch up at home. I feel like I should be giving them more, especially since it takes so long to braid hair.
Friday, January 22, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment